Video slots are slot machines presented on online platforms and in land-based gambling halls. The main difference between these machines is the absence of physical reels with symbols. The operation of video slots is based on computing programs and electronic control mechanisms.
Our site contains a large list of slot machines from popular manufacturers. Licensed demo copies of the original devices allow you to play for free and familiarize yourself with bonus features and game rules. The features typical for all video slots are described in our article.
Today the concept of “video slots” is used as a synonym for slot machines, therefore it has lost its primary special meaning.
What are video slots
With the advent of new computer technology, slot machines have moved from mechanical designs to electronic ones. The software capabilities made it possible to abandon bulky devices with a lever and physical drums and move to digital development. With their help, we managed to realize more gaming opportunities:
- increase the variability of combinations due to the greater number of symbols on the reels;
- provide a larger number of lines or refuse them altogether, replacing them with ways of forming prize combinations;
- use new options on slots: bonus games on the additional screen, bonus opportunities on the main screen, and so on;
- use 3D graphics.
The rest of the video slots are no different from the classic slot machines. The rules and principles of the game are fully preserved. The user’s task has not changed either: during the spins, you need to collect prize combinations in order to get a reward.
The history of the development of video slots
Slot machines appeared as a form of entertainment at the end of the 19th century. Initially, these were mechanical slot machines. The drums were set in motion by pressing a lever. Gaming sessions on such devices did not last long, because they required physical effort.
With the advent of the microprocessor, it was possible to facilitate and prolong the game. The drums were replaced with virtual counterparts created with the program. The absence of a physical carrier of symbols has made it possible to increase the number of images in each reel. In addition, there were technical possibilities for the introduction of bonus functions. So, modern online slot machines are the same video slots, only without a physical case.
How to play video slots
Playing video slots is easy. Even a beginner who has never played before will master the rules. All that is required for a gaming session is:
- set a bid;
- set the number of pay lines;
- select the game mode: automatic or by pressing the spin start button;
- collect combinations.
On most slots, combinations are formed from the same symbols, located sequentially from the leftmost reel to the right. Some combinations of symbols activate prize options:
- replacement of missing pictures in the sequence;
- launching free spins or respins;
- opening the built-in mini-game.
Which video slot is better to play?
A large number of video slots can confuse an inexperienced player. How to choose a good video slot? There is no definite answer to this question, but the best thing is to play the slot that you like the most. Alternatively, you can trust the top list, which is located on the left side of the site interface. Book of Ra , Gorilla , Crazy Monkey – these are the top 3 best slot machines. The first two are from Greentube and the third is from Igrosoft.
Earnings on video slots
An important question that interests all players on slot machines is how to make money on them?
It should be understood that playing on slot machines does not at all guarantee some kind of stable income. This is more of a form of entertainment than a form of earnings. But as a hobby it is quite suitable. The main thing is to follow a few simple rules and then playing video slots will not bring disappointment.
- It is worth choosing machines with the maximum theoretical return (RTP).
- The more opportunities the slot machine has, the better (free spins, doublings, bonuses).
- When choosing a slot machine to play, you need to pay attention to the developer. A well-known manufacturer guarantees quality, but a little-known one does not.
- It is better to start the game with small bets in order to adapt to the mechanics of the slot machine and not waste all the money if the game is unsuccessful.
Video slots are a new level of slot machines. The switch to software allowed us to diversify the gameplay and create unique games with non-standard mechanics. Examples of video slots can be found on the pages of our site for free.